- The ship S.S. Anne from Pokémon has the same Japanese name as the computer Saint Anne (サント・アンヌ).
- The Pokémon Ledian and Rotom are similar to Pulseman in looks.
- The move Volt Tackle is similar to Pulseman's special move Voltteccer, and they have the same Japanese name. In the game Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it looks a lot more similar.
- The gunfish enemy looks like the Pokémon Remoraid. Also, the bird-like enemy looks like Xatu.
- Team Galactic, the gang from the game Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, gets its name from the Galaxy Gang.
- Ken Sugimori, the artist for Pulseman, also works on Pokémon.
- Barry's battle music has several notes that resemble a portion of Neo Tokyo's music from Pulseman (Junichi Masuda also composed for Pulseman). Many other pieces of music from Pulseman also have similar features to Pokémon music.
- Registeel's design mimics the design for the boss in the Stage 4 of the Pulseman .
- Hariyama's name can be a corruption of Doc Waruyama's name.
- List of references to Pulseman in Pokémon games, in Bulbapedia
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.